Isaac Newton Academy is a non-selective school for local children. We admit children with an education and health care plan (EHCP) where the school is named on the EHCP. Then, if the academy is oversubscribed we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address) .
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage).
- the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school. The Local Authority measures distance on behalf of Ark Schools. London Borough of Redbridge use a Geographical Information System to calculate shortest walking distance from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school using public roads and recognised footpaths. Where measurements involve flats in the same block, the distance will be to the entrance of each individual flat.
For full details, please see the Admissions Policy.
In Year Admissions
Applications made to any year group outside the main admissions round (In-Year admissions) should be made directly to Redbridge e-Admissions.
If you wish to apply for a place, please complete the application form www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/admissions-during-the-school-year/
Parents/carers will be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days.
If a place is refused the child will be added to the waiting list, the position on the waiting list will be determined according to the oversubscription criteria in the School’s Admissions Policy.
If refused a place, the parent/carer has the right to appeal the decision.
If you wish to appeal, please click here for the appeal form
For primary appeals, please first read this guidance about infant class size appeals
Appeal panel hearings will take place within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal. Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal hearing date by the independent appeal panel clerk.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
September 2022 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception / Year 7 / Year 12 in September 2022 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1st March 2022||31st March 2022|
|Primary||19th April 2022||18th May 2022|
Appeals panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by the independent appeal panel clerk.
The independent appeal panel clerk will notify parents/carers of the date of their appeal; appeal hearings will take place during May/June/July 2022.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Reception, Year 7 or Year 12, please click here for the appeal form.
Before submitting a Primary appeal, please make sure you read this guidance about infant class size appeals.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
For more information regarding appeals, please refer to this document: Admissions Appeals Booklet 2022
If you have any questions regarding admissions, please contact our Admissions Officers
Georgina May, Office Manager (maternity cover)
Anu Patel, Sixth Form Administrator (sixth form admissions)
at email@example.com or by calling 02089116666.