Isaac Newton Academy is a non-selective school for local children. We admit children with an education and health care plan (EHCP) where the school is named on the EHCP. Then, if the academy is oversubscribed we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address) .
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage).
- the remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
For full details, please see the Admissions Policy.
Isaac Newton Academy invites public consultation on the proposed 2021/22 admissions arrangements. The proposed admissions policy and consultation briefing note, with details of how to submit a comment, are linked below. Consultation will run from 30th October-13th December 2019.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
September 2019 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Year 12 in September 2019 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2019||29 March 2019|
|Primary||16 April 2019||20 May 2019|
On-time appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
For more information regarding appeals, please refer to this document: INA Appeals Booklet 2018-19
If you have any questions regarding admissions, please contact our Admissions Officers
Primary - Pardeep Chaggar, Primary Office Manager
Secondary - Amreen Patel, Secondary Office Manager
Sixth Form - Anu Patel, Sixth Form Administrator
at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0208 911 6666.