Isaac Newton Academy is a non-selective school for local children. We admit children with an education and health care plan (EHCP) where the school is named on the EHCP. Then, if the academy is oversubscribed we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address) .
- children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage).
- the remaining places will be allocated to children who live closest to the school. The Local Authority measures distance on behalf of Ark Schools. London Borough of Redbridge use a Geographical Information System to calculate shortest walking distance from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school using public roads and recognised footpaths. Where measurements involve flats in the same block, the distance will be to the entrance of each individual flat.
For full details, please see the Admissions Policy.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception / Year 7 / Year 12 in September 2021 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
September 2021 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception / Year 7 / Year 12 in September 2020 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1st March 2021||19th April 2021|
|Primary||16th April 2021||17th May 2021|
Appeals panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by the independent appeal panel clerk.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions it may not be possible to hold appeal panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with. Appeals will be heard during May/June/July; all appellants will be contacted by the independent appeals clerk to explain the process, which will be the same for all Ark schools.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7 / Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.
For more information regarding appeals, please refer to this document: INA Appeals Booklet
If you have any questions regarding admissions, please contact our Admissions Officers
Primary - Pardeep Chaggar, Primary Office Manager
Secondary - Amreen Patel, Secondary Office Manager
Sixth Form - Anu Patel, Sixth Form Administrator
at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0208 911 6666.