Remote Learning & MS Teams - Continuing to Deliver High Quality Education
Isaac Newton Academy will continue delivering high-quality education during periods of remote learning. Our priority is to ensure pupils' have the best learning opportunities even if they are not in school. This will help us to:
- ensure consistency in our approach to remote learning for pupils who are not in school
- set out expectations for everyone in our school community
An important policy that we encourage parents to read and understand is our Remote Learning Policy. In the event of a lockdown (partial or full) or pupils need to self-isolate, the school must ensure teaching continues.
SPArk - Online Learning Resources
SPArk is a constantly developing resource that is available for students covering the following.
- Curriculum aligned resources/ resources directly related to what students are learning in lessons
- Wider interest resources, games and fun activities
- Live events – singing assemblies, music events eg open mic night, literature debate…
- Skills development videos and pathways courses, as well as information and guidance to support destinations (Y10-13)
- Things to watch – virtual tours, streamed theatre performances, talks and videos
- Destinations support, guidance and events (Post-16 focus)
Oak National Academy
Oak National Academy now data free
As of today, Oak National Academy (which Ark is one of the key partners of) is now available on mobile devices without using any of a user's data plan. This means every family who has a device for accessing the internet via a SIM card can now use Oak, download resources and watch videos, without worrying about any costs to them.