At Isaac Newton Academy our aim is to equip every student with the knowledge, learning power and character necessary for success at university and beyond. Our Saturday Stretch sessions involve up to 20 students ranging from Year 7-Year 11 and they are given the opportunity to learn more about studying a particular subject at university from an undergraduate taking that course. The purpose is to inspire students, raise aspirations and give students an insight into what studying that subject at university level is like.
The sessions take differing forms, but all cover:
• A brief overview of the course
• An activity in the seminar
• information about careers that could be pursued after the degree
• information about the general lifestyle/social life at university.
• Paths that lead to the degree
Saturday Stretch Co-ordinator - Mr Osmani