There are a range of exciting leadership opportunities students can apply for at Ark Isaac Newton Academy.
At INA we believe there are lots of students who have the potential to be great leaders. As a result, we believe that students should be given a wide range of opportunities to develop and practise leadership skills in preparation for life beyond school.
The Student Leadership roles focus on supporting the school’s aim to be a place where students have a voice in their learning. Student leaders will need to embrace their responsibilities when discussing new topics and finding solutions to challenges that will be raised.
The aims of our Student Leadership programme:
- To empower students to work in partnership with staff and other students towards shared goals.
- To enable creativity to flourish as the school community benefits from the wealth of experiences, ideas and skills students bring.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills through a variety of projects which impact positively on well-being for both students and staff at Ark Isaac Newton.
- To prepare students for achieving personal and professional excellence in life after formal education.
Student Leaders are the school’s role models. They will be expected to be a student who works hard to reach our schools expectation of high levels of professionalism, no unauthorised absence and constant punctuality. All Student Leaders are rewarded with a Student Leader tie and badge which they wear with pride around the academy.
The 5 specific student leadership roles are:
- Academy council
- Student Leadership Team
- Academy Magazine
- Peer Mentor (6th form only)