All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
Purchasing school uniform
Isaac Newton Academy has one sole supplier for many of the uniform items.
Those items marked with an asterisk (*) below may ONLY be purchased from the INA school uniform stockist, Khalsa Schoolwear (www.khalsaschoolwear.co.uk), and may not be replicated by high street brands or home-made products.
Any unwanted items of uniform may be given to the school office. We host regular second-hand uniform sales where good quality items can be picked up for low cost.
Requirements - primary
- Blazer*: Light Grey with INA Green Trim, academy logo on front left chest (Optional for Reception, compulsory for Year 1 – Year 6)
- Trousers: Grey
- Skirt, trousers or pinafore dress: Grey
- Shorts (Summer Term): Grey
- Jumper, Tank Top or Cardigan*: Grey with INA green trim
- Shirt: Plain white with a collar. Long or short sleeve. Tucked in at all times.
- Tights or Socks: Black, Grey or White
- School Tie*: Elasticated, 3 repeating stripes – green, grey and silver
- Shoes: Plain Black (NO TRAINERS)
- Sweatshirt*: Purple with INA embroidered logo on front left chest
- Jogging Bottoms: Purple to match with sweatshirt or black leggings
- Polo Shirt*: White cotton with purple stripe trim on collar and cuffs with embroidered INA logo or plain white polo shirt
- Shorts: Purple with shadow stripe design, elasticated waist with drawstring
- Footwear: Appropriate footwear is essential for PE lessons. Black trainers can be worn for outdoor sessions and black plimsolls or bare feet for gymnastics or indoor lessons.
Requirements - secondary
- *Ark Isaac Newton Academy Blazer
- *Ark Isaac Newton Academy jumper or cardigan (optional purchase)
- *Ark Isaac Newton Academy tie • Grey skirt or school trousers
- Plain white shirt
- Plain black or dark grey socks or tights
- Flat plain black leather school shoes, that can be polished. No trainers or boots of any kind
- Students should have a school bag of a size suitable for carrying A4 sized folders and books. An appropriate backpack may be purchased from Khalsa School wear.
PE/Sports Uniform 2022-23
Students are not allowed to wear their PE kit around the academy. Students will be required to wear their academy school uniform throughout the day and change into their PE kit at the start of their timetabled PE lesson or clubs.
- *Black T-shirt with INA logo
- *Black shorts with INA logo
- Black technical performance mid-layer zip top with INA logo (optional item)
- Black technical performance tracksuit bottoms with INA logo (optional item)
- Plain white or black sports socks
- Trainers should have a non-mark sole (only to be worn for PE lessons/sports activities). Remember: No studs or Astro trainers. Outdoor Clothing Items
- Coats of any colour are permitted. Like all outdoor garments (gloves, woollen hats, scarves etc. must be removed before entering building (Note: they will be confiscated until end of the day if worn inside the building).
- Hoodies are not permitted to be worn at any time inside academy premises. Jewellery Students are permitted to wear the following items:
- A maximum of two small stud earrings in each ear lobe
- Religious bracelets.
One small nose stud. No other jewellery items are permitted.
The following items are NOT allowed:
- All jewellery must be able to be removed for all PE lessons.
- Excessive make up e.g., no false eyelashes, lipstick or excessive/heavy eyeliner.
- False nails or nail extensions
- Hoop, drop earrings, ear cuffs, or cartilage earrings. Nose rings
- Smart Watches
- Mobile phones
Requirements - sixth form
As students are preparing for life beyond INA, we expect Sixth Form students to dress professionally.
- Formal/business dress.
- Wearing tie and having a jacket for male students.
- No jeans, flip flops, trainers (except when in a practical physical activity) or revealing clothes.
- Body piercing should be limited to an earring in each ear lobe.
- Any tattoos should be hidden from view.
- Any make up worn should be discreet.
- Hoodies are not permitted.
- Outdoor wear is not permitted inside the school building.
In addition, all Sixth Form students will be expected to wear a lanyard and ID card daily to signal that
they belong within the INA Sixth Form.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.